Saturday, May 22, 2021

Baby Ursula MerMay Card

Well, it's still MerMay, so I've colored another lovely sea creature. I'm pretty sure she'd consider herself a mermaid, even though she has tentacles. I couldn't resist this beautiful illustration of the infamous sea witch as a baby. People may underestimate her when she's this young... oh, those poor, unfortunate souls!

This beautiful illustration is a digital stamp called "Baby Ursula" (by Digistamp Atelier on Etsy). I never color pre-shaded images because I rarely agree with the shading (and want to define my own light source), but it was worth fighting against the pre-shading to bring some color to Ursula.

I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored her with Copics. I fussy cut her, then selected cardstock from an old Little Mermaid: Disney Princess Paper Pad (by Character World) that I'd had on the shelf for years. I stamped the sentiment (by Art Impressions) in Tuxedo Black Ink on the background before assembling everything.

Once I finished my 5" x 7" card, I couldn't resist adding some Swarovski crystals. After all, she becomes queen of the ocean (for a very short while, anyway). She deserves some sparkles!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Little Mermaid: Disney Princess Paper Pad (Character World) 
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Clear Swarovski crystals (2MM, 3MM, 4MM, 5MM)
Have a beautiful day under the sea, under the sea...

No comments:

Post a Comment