Friday, May 7, 2021

Mother's Day Floral Card

Today, I'm sharing a special Mother's Day card I made for my sister. She is such a fantastic mother to my nephew, and I'm so proud of her. I am also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (since both had the same theme: "Feminine").

 The beautiful floral image and sentiment are from the Happy Mother's Day Digital Stamp Bundle by Graciellie Design. Since these are digital stamps, I sized everything to fit a 6" x 6" square card.

This card is fairly straightforward and simple. I printed the flowers/sentiment on Copic XPress-It Cardstock and colored everything with Copics. When I was done, I trimmed the page to 5.75" x 5.75" and mounted it on some deep blue/purple cardstock that matched the vase. I adorned the card with a few Swarovski crystals for sparkle. 

Inside the card, I stamped a butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies clear stamp set (Simon Says Stamp), which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also colored the butterfly with Copics, using the same purple/blue and yellow colors I used on the flower. I stamped the sentiment from the Curvy Girl Boy Mom stamp set (Stamping Bella) and mounted the panel inside the card, along with a mat of matching blue/purple polka dot paper (from My Favorite Things). Here is the inside:

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Clear Swarovski crystals
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment