Friday, May 14, 2021

Floating Through the Clouds Card

Today, I'm playing along with two cardmaking challenges: the Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday Challenge (Stencil It) and the Lemon Shortbread Challenge #145 (Anything Goes). Here is today's card, inspired by Mary Poppins' magical umbrella:


The card is slimline, measuring 3.5" x 8.5".  I printed the Polka Dot Raincoat digital stamp (Lemon Shortbread) on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored the image with Copics. I fussy cut the image with scissors and moved onto the background.
 
I stencils the rainbow clouds using the MFT Cloud Stencil, blending tools, and Distress Oxides (Kitsch Flamingo, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Citron, Tumbled Glass, and Wilted Violet) onto an 8.25" x 3.25" piece of white cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment from the Butterfly Sentiment Set (Stamping Bella) using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Before attaching the girl, I decided she needed a little sparkle, so I used a Zig Two-Way Glue Pen and microfine transparent glitter on the white polka dots. I attached her to the card with foam dots, then glued on a rainbow of Swarovski crystals, just for a little more bling.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Black and white cardstock cardstock
  • Microfine Transparent Glitter
  • Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Swarovski crystals (various colors, 5MM)
  • Multi-Medium Matte (Ranger)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Foam dots
  • Distress Oxides: Kitsch Flamingo, Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold, Citron, Tumbled Glass, and Wilted Violet
  • Blending tool and foam rounds
I hope you have a lovely, magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment