Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Nativity Slimline Card

Today, I created a slimline card, inspired by the Nativity. When I saw the stamp set with these characters, they reminded me of the cute little people (Fisher Price, I think?) I played with as a child.


This is a slimline (3.5" x 8.5") card. There was actually a surprisingly large amount of coloring involved, as every character has a different outfit and accessories.

The main stamp set I used is called "Christmas Nativity" (by Joy Clair). I stamped all of the characters with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, and then I colored all of them with Copics. I fussy cut them (with scissors) and set them aside while I worked on the background.

I cut three panels for the background: black cardstock (3.5" x 8.5"), sky panel (3.25" x 8.25"), and sand panel (8.25" x 1.9" after cut with the die). I blended Faded Jeans and Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Inks for the sky, and then inked the sand layer with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink. I cut the sloped shape with the Stitched Slimline Snow Drifts Die-Namics (My Favorite Things). I lightly splattered both the sky and sand panels with water and blotted them dry with a paper towel.

I stamped the sentiment (from "Lyrical Script" by Altenew) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a 0.5" x 2" piece of white cardstock, and then I got to do the fun part: assembly! I glued all of my layers with a tape runner, as liquid glue would activate the Distress Oxides again and cause running or bleeding. I took my Y26 Copic marker and drew the shadows on the sand. Finally, I added some clear Swarovski crystals for the star, with the largest one as the Star of Bethlehem, and glued those on with Ranger Matte Multi-Medium.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:
  • Christmas Nativity stamp set (Joy Clair)
  • Stitched Slimline Snow Drifts Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Lyrical Script stamp set (Altenew)
Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch, and Antique Linen
  • Tape runner
  • Ranger Matte Multi-Medium
  • Clear Swarovski crystals
Have a wondrous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment