Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Missing You Every Day Card

My sister and I have always been very close, and for the past several years, we've lived on opposite ends of the country. I have an autoimmune condition, so we have to be extra careful during the pandemic, and I don't know when I'll get to (physically) see her again. I miss her every day. I made this card for her, as a surprise.


This is a slimline (3.5" x 8.5") card. The girl is a lovely digital stamp called "Nevaeh" by KristaSmithStamps (on Etsy). The sentiment is from the "Simple Sayings: Miss You" clear stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh.

I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored her with Copic markers. I fussy cut her, then cut my panels for the rest of the card.

For the black panel (8.25" x 3.25"), I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder. I glued all of the layers together, then finished with a few teal glass drops. (Unfortunately, they look more clear than blue on the black cardstock.) Finally, I drew a "floor" with a while Prismacolor pencil.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Versafine Ink
  • Ranger Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder
  • Blue glass drops
I hope you stay safe and healthy during this crazy year!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment