Saturday, October 10, 2020

Hey Beautiful Girl Card

Today's card is one of my favorites of all the cards I've made... and that's a LOT of cards!

This is a 5" x 7" card, and the character fills most of the space. This lady with flowers is a gorgeous digital stamp called "Emily with Flowers" by Sweet Escape Digis. The sentiment is from the Keep Growing digital stamp set by Graciellie Design.

Since the image and sentiment I used were both digital stamps, I resized the girl and layered the sentiment at the bottom, right edge in MS Word. TIP: If you create a shape (rectangle or whatever) in the size of your card - in this case, 5" x 7" - you can properly size all of the other elements. When you're done, you can delete the shape and know that your images will be the perfect size.

Once I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, I colored her with Copic markers. It took several sessions (over three days), as there were a LOT of elements to color. I stuck with fall colors, starting with her lovely red hair.

After the coloring was done, I trimmed the panel to 6.75" x 4.75". I cut a 5" x 7" panel of white cardstock, and then I carefully attached brown, glittery washi tape around the edges. It looks like a layer of glittery cardstock, but it's MUCH cheaper, and you can still securely glue your top panel to the non-washi-taped parts of the bottom layer. (I find it incredibly difficult to get ANYTHING to stick to glitter cardstock, so this is the perfect solution.) I also put a layer of double-sided tape down at the edges, just to provide an extra-strong hold on the washi tape, as washi tape loses its stickiness over time.

I can't resist even more sparkle, so I glued on some Topaz Swarovski crystals to finish the card.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Brown glitter washi tape (Michael's brand)
  • Double-sided tape
  • Ranger Matte Multi-Medium
  • Topaz Swarovski crystals
Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment