Thursday, October 22, 2020

Hello Card for a Book Lover

Today, I've taken the Reading Lily digital stamp (Sweet Escape Digis) and created a quiet reading space for her. I'm going to send this card to a colleague I haven't seen in many months (due to working from home), as she's as much of a bookworm as I am. While I've embraced digital technology, including digital books, I believe there's just something so magical about holding a physical book in your hands.

This is a 5" x 7" card, and the character fills most of the space. This lovely bibliophile is a digital stamp called "Reading Lily" by Sweet Escape Digis. I added the sentiment to her shirt from the Hellebores digital stamp set (Power Poppy).

I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored her with Copic markers. I fussy cut her (with scissors), then worked on the rest of the scene.

I trimmed a 4.75" x 6.75" white cardstock panel, then cut the papers for the wallpaper behind her and floor underneath her. The wallpaper is a patterned paper by My Favorite Things (cut to 5.75" x 4.75"), and the floor is a 1" x 4.75" strip of patterned paper by Stampin' Up. After the panel was done, I stamped the "Hello" sentiment on it (Honey Bee Stamptember set from 2020) with Tuxedo Black Ink.

I layered my colored panel over a 5" x 7" black cardstock panel using double-sided tape. I mounted the girl on foam dots, so there would be dimension, and attached her to the front of the card. Finally, I added some light blue enamel dots.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 
  • Patterned paper (My Favorite Things and Stampin' Up)
  • Double-sided tape
  • Foam dots
  • Light blue enamel dots (Gina Marie Designs)
I hope you find some quiet time to read something good this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment