Monday, March 22, 2021

Slimline Spring Bunnies Card

Today, I'm playing along with two cardmaking challenges: My Favorite Things' Wednesday Sketch Challenge #533 and the Simon Says Stamps' Monday Challenge (Whatever the Weather). Here is my springtime bunny card:

 
 
I used dies, Distress Oxides, and a stencil to create this simple, springtime bunny card. The card is slimline, measuring 3.5" x 8.5".  First, I cut my 3.5" x 8.5" white panel and used the MFT Slimline Cloud Edges Stencil (Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide). I stamped the sentiment on the top left corner using MFT's A Very Sweet Somebunny and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
 
Next, I cut three slopes to mirror the MFT sketch challenge. For the top and bottom hills, I used MFT's Slimline Grassy Hills Die-Namics. For the second slope, with the bunnies, I used the Paper Rose Slimline Bunny Border die. I used Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Oxides to blend the ink on the grass, masking the bunnies so I could glitter them later.

Once my hills dried, I removed the masks over the bunnies and used Microfine Transparent Glitter with a Zig Glue Pen. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the bunnies are SUPER sparkly! 

I attached of the layers to the card base, then glued on some gold sparkle crystals (Studio Katia) for some bling.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Slimline Grassy Hills Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Slimline Cloud Edges Stencil (My Favorite Things)
  • Slimline Bunny Border Die (Paper Rose)
  • A Very Sweet Somebunny Stamp Set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • White cardstock
  • Microfine Transparent Glitter
  • Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Gold Sparkle Crystals (Studio Katia)
  • Multi-Medium Matte (Ranger)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment