Sunday, March 21, 2021

Slimline Birthday Wish Card

Today, I'm playing along with three cardmaking challenges: My Favorite Things' Wednesday Sketch Challenge #533, My Favorite Things' Slimline Challenge - Inside Out, and the Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday Challenge (Use 2 or More Patterned Papers). Here is the front of this week's card:


I used patterned papers, dies, and a few Copics to create this birthday card. It's slimline, so it measures 3.5" x 8.5". Since the MFT Slimline Challenge was to use a die to give a glimpse of a special feature inside, here's the inside of the card: 

You can see the pattern of the balloon through the "WISH" window on the front of the card!

This was a simple card, but it required a lot of cutting. I cut my Wisteria Wonder card base at 7" x 8.5" and my Licorice Black card front at 3.5" x 8.5". Before attaching the card front, I used my die machine to cut the "WISH" window, then glued it to the card base. I ran the card base through the machine, cutting the "WISH" through the Wisteria card base.

Next, I cut three different patterned cardstock panels (4.25" x 3.5", 3.25" x 3.5", and 2.25" x 3.5") from the MFT Party Patterns Paper Pack. I used the Stitched Scallop Basic Edge Die-Namics (MFT) to cut slopes that resembled Sketch Challenge #533. Finally, I glued the layers to the card front, carefully leaving the scalloped tops of each piece unglued, so I could slip my candles behind the paper.

I used a beautiful, white-and-gray lacy & glittered cardstock from my stash and cut out the candles (Happy Birthday Candles Die-Namics). I wanted to be able to color the flames with Copics, so I cut the flames out of Krazy Kreations Velvet Smooth Glitter Paper (Warm Highlights). I staggered and glued each candle to the front of the card, tucking the bottom of the candles behind the scalloped paper. After I glued on all of the flames, I used Copics R17 and Y15 to color the flames.

In order to meet the slimline challenge, I needed to have something special inside. I cut the balloon (Perfect Fit Balloon Die-Namics) out of MFT patterned paper (same book as the others), then again out of Licorice Black cardstock. I glued the patterned balloon on top of the black one, offsetting the bottom one a bit to create a black outline for the patterned balloon. I glued the balloon onto a 3.25" x 8.25" white cardstock panel, then attached the string (cut from black cardstock) with the Multi-Medium Matte glue. I wanted something sparkly, so I cut a bow (from Blueprints 26 Die-Namics) out of the KK Glitter paper, then colored it with RV32 to match my patterned paper. I glued it over the balloon valve, and my card was done!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Wish Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Stitched Scallop Basic Edge Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Happy Birthday Candles Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
  • Perfect Fit Balloon Die-Namics (My Favorite Things) 
  • Blueprints 26 Die-Namics (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Party Patterns Paper Pack (My Favorite Things
  • Wisteria Wonder cardstock (Stampin' Up)
  • Licorice Black cardstock (My Favorite Things)
  • Velvet Smooth Glitter Paper - Warm Highlights (Krazy Kreations)
  • Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Copic markers (R17, Y15, RV32)
  • Multi-Medium Matte (Ranger)
I wish you a very happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment