Saturday, March 13, 2021

Purple Ombre Orchid Sympathy Card

Today, I'm playing along with the Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday Challenge (Bit o Green) and the Simon Says Stamps' Monday Challenge (Use Something Green). Sadly, I've needed many sympathy cards during 2021, so I'm rebuilding my supply (and hoping I won't need them again for a while).



This card is slimline (3.5" x 8.5"). The beautiful floral image and sentiment are by Graciellie Design (Words of Hope Mega Stamp Set and Healing Prayers). I decided to play with ombre, coloring the flowers from lightest to darkest. I fussy cut the image with scissors and focused on the background.

I found am ombre purple cardstock and complementary light lavender cardstock in my stash. I used the Pink & Main Plaid Slimline Die on the light lavender cardstock. I die-cut the sentiment with a die from the Layering Ovals Framelits set (Stampin' Up). Once I was done, I added a few Amethyst Swarivski crystals, gluing them down using Ranger Multi-Medium Matte (which dries clearly).

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • White, purple ombre and light lavender cardstock
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte 
  • Tape Runner
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Swarovski crystals (Amethyst)
  • Foam dots
Have a rainbow-tastic day!

 

2 comments: