Saturday, March 6, 2021

Rainbow Floral Card

Today, I'm playing along with the Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday Challenge (Beautiful Blossoms). I've been itching to do a floral card in rainbow colors. I have a lot of stress in my life right now, and coloring for a few minutes each day this week really helped. The card is FINALLY done!

This card is slimline (3.5" x 8.5"). The beautiful floral image is by Graciellie Design (Mini Faith Digital Stamp Bundle). It took me all week to color the flowers with Copics, especially since I came up with the color combos on the fly. (I usually color for an hour or so each day.) When I finished coloring, I used a white gel pen (Sakura Gelly Roll) to add white dots in the center of each flower. I fussy cut the image with scissors and focused on the background.

I usually use a solid background, but I thought the rainbow plaid matched perfectly. I used the Pink & Main Plaid Slimline Die and cut out a white plaid panel to layer above the cardstock. After I glued everything together, I added 6 Swarovski crystals (5MM), each in a color that matched the flowers.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • White cardstock
  • Rainbow Plaid cardstock (Lawn Fawn)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte 
  • Tape Runner
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Swarovski crystals (5MM, various colors)
  • White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
Have a rainbow-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment