Monday, June 21, 2021

Just Keep Swimming Slimline Card

I wanted to create something bright and happy, and it doesn't get much brighter or happier than a neon-colored underwater scene. I even added Marlin, Nemo and Dory for good measure.


The card is slimline, measuring 3.75" x 8.75".  I stamped a bunch of fish from the MFT "Gill Friends" stamp set on Copic XPress-It Blending Card and colored them with Copics. I fussy cut them with scissors and moved onto the background.
 
The patterned cardstock background is from the Whimsy Stamps "Under the Sea Slimline Paper Pack." I used letters from the LDRS Creative "Sophie Alpha Uppercase" die set to cut out "swimming." In the top left corner, I used Versamark and stamped "Just Keep" from the Hero Arts "Just Keep Swimming" stamp set. I added Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and heat-set the words with my heat gun.

I cut the letters out multiple times out of Gina K "Passionate Pink" cardstock, then glued them together (so each letter was three layers thick). I used a Zig Glue Pen and transparent glitter to coat each letter.

After I created the card base and glued down a mat of the same Gina K paper, I attached the underwater background, then glued on the sparkly letters using Ranger Multi-Medium Matte. I added foam dots to the back of each fish and attached them around the letters.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Gill Friends stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Sophie Alpha Uppercase die set (LDRS Creative)
  • Just Keep Swimming stamp set (Hero Arts)
Other supplies:
  • Under the Sea Slimline Paper Pack (Whimsy Stamps)
  • Microfine Transparent Glitter
  • Zig Two-Way Glue Pen
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Multi-Medium Matte (Ranger)
  • Versafine clear ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
  • Heat gun
  • Foam dots
  • Gina K Passionate Pink cardstock
I hope you have a fin-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment