Thursday, February 4, 2021

Floral Sympathy Cards

I've made many sympathy cards before, but this is the first time I've made them for the passing of someone close to me (vs. sympathy for a friend who lost a loved one). My uncle passed away a week ago. I had the hardest time starting the card, as well as figuring out how everything should go together.

This card measures 4.25" x 5.5". I used Memento Tuxedo Black Ink to stamp the flower (Dotted Blooms by Altenew) and sentiment (Deepest Sympathy by My Favorite Things). I quickly colored the flowers with Copics, using purple and yellow color schemes. 

I die-cut the butterfly (Layered Butterfly by Technique Tuesday) out of glittered cardstock and vellum (for the back layer). I glued the layers together and attached it to the card front with Ranger Multi-Medium Matte.

For the inside, I stamped the sentiment (Floral Sympathy by My Sentiments Exactly) and flower (Rose Garden by My Favorite Things) and colored the flower to match the card front. After I glued all of the layers together, I added a few Swarovski crystals (Jonquil and Clear).

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Dotted Blooms stamp set (Altenew)
  • Deepest Sympathy stamp set (My Favorite Things)
  • Layered Butterfly die set (Technique Tuesday) 
  • Floral Sympathy stamp set (My Sentiments Exactly)
  • Rose Garden stamp set (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento)
  • White cardstock (Stampin' Up) 
  • Yellow and periwinkle cardstock (Recollections)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte
  • Glittered cardstock (teal and silver)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Vellum cardstock (Recollections)
  • Swarovski crystals: Jonquil and Clear/Crystal (3mm, 4mm, 5mm)
I hope you all are doing well and staying healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment