Monday, January 25, 2021

Bookmarks and a Pretty Bag

When I was bundling up everything for my colleagues (for our team building event), I decided to make one more little gift. We often receive physical (not digital) books to read for work, so I made each lady a bookmark. I created them in three colors: pink, purple, and blue.


The colors are actually more vibrant in person, but they didn't photograph well. I cut 2" x 6" strips of Neenah Desert Storm and used the Stampin' Up Fancy Tag Topper Punch. Next, I stamped the "Behind Every Successful Woman" (Riley & Co.) sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Finally, I stamped the "Sweet Cluster" stamp (Altenew) on the top and bottom of the bookmarks. I colored the flowers with Copics, added matching, patterned paper to the back (to make them sturdy, not shown), and added a white tassel. 

I needed to put everything into bags for each lady, so I can drop them on doorsteps tomorrow. I wanted to make the bags as pretty as possible, so I grabbed Kraft gift bags (10" tall) and stenciled them with the Peony Bouquet Stencil (Simon Says Stamp). I used Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks. To add a little more interest, I used a white gel pen to color in the dots in the center of each flower.

I'm so excited to do these project with my colleagues!!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Fancy Tag Topper Punch (Stampin' Up)
  • "Behind Every Successful Woman" cling stamp (Riley & Co.)
  • "Sweet Cluster" mini stamp set (Altenew)
  • Peony Bouquet Stencil (Simon Says Stamp)
Other supplies:
  • Neenah Desert Storm paper
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Double-sided tape / tape runner
  • White tassels
  • White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen
  • Distress Oxides: Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry
  • Kraft gift bags (10.5" x 8" x 4.25")
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
I hope you're having a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment