Sunday, January 17, 2021

Slimline Floral Valentine or Birthday Card

Last year, my boss asked me to create a team building event for our department retreat. I created cardmaking kits, and brought a huge box of embellishments, and everyone made two finished cards. Everyone loved the projects, and several people said it was the best part of the retreat! I'm also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Layer It Up.

This year, my boss asked me to plan the event again, so I'm sticking to what I know. We're going to meet via Zoom (due to COVID), so I'm creating kits for each person. Everyone will make a "designer handbag" gift bag and a slimline card, themed for a Valentine or birthday. I've been working on the card kits for a week and a half, and they're finally done!

Every participant (and yes, they're all women) will receive one of the kits below, and the kit includes all of the elements needed to make one of these cards. She can choose which one to make, or mix and match elements, as the plaid layers (red or white) are separate, both die-cut and glittered sentiments are included, etc.

This is what the kits look like. Each kit also includes a bottle of Ranger Multi-Medium Matte and a tape runner (not shown).

These kits/cards were a LOT of work. It took me three days just to color the flowers (with Copics) and fussy cut them! I cut card bases, black cardstock panels, two plaid layers (red and white) for each person, red and white layers for INSIDE the cards, and then the sentiments (love you and happy birthday for each person). For the red "love you" sentiment, I also covered it with Sparkle n' Sprinkle Fire Engine Red Glitter, which took me another day. The Happy Birthday sentiment is die-cut from Silver Mirri Paper, which is beautifully sparkly (but a pain in the tuchus to carefully remove all of those fine, curly letters). Each kit also includes a small bag of the red flat-back pearls for embellishment.

Here's a close-up of the "love you" card:

It's hard to tell in the photo, but the sentiments are SO SPARKLY! I'm so excited to do this project with my colleagues!!

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Tall Flowers stamp set (Pink & Main)
  • Plaid Slimline Die (Pink & Main)
  • Lots of Love die (My Favorite Things)
  • All About You die (My Favorite Things)
  • Hand-Lettered Happy Birthday die (My Favorite Things)
  • Fancy Slimline Scalloped dies (Kat Scrappiness) - NOT SHOWN, used for the inside layers
Other supplies:
  • Black, white, and Poppy Parade cardstock (Stampin' Up)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte 
  • Tape Runner
  • Silver Mirri Paper
  • Sparkle n' Sprinkle Fire Engine Red Glitter
  • Zig Glue Pen
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Red pearls (flat back)
Have a fabulous day!

3 comments: