Saturday, February 20, 2021

Healing Hugs Card

I've struggled to make cards lately, as all of the occasions for them seem to be sad. I was able to finish two of these, each for one aunt in the hospital. I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamps' Monday Challenge: Add Some Texture (using pop dots and adding crystals) and Wednesday Challenge: Favorite Technique (Copic coloring).

On the day my uncle went into hospice, his wife (my aunt) fell and shattered several ribs. Around that time, my other aunt was dropped by the nursing home staff, and she broke her leg. I made one of these cards for each of them, hopefully to send a little sunshine and healing thoughts.

This card measures 5" x 6.5". The adorable little girl with her bear is the Wryn - Loving Teddy Bears digital stamp (Tiddlyinks). I printed her on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then colored her with Copics. After I finished coloring, I fussy cut her and added foam dots to the back of her, so she'd be popped up on the card.

I stamped the sentiment ("Hug It Out" by My Favorite Things) and popped it up with foam dots. The patterned papers are by My Favorite Things (Party Plaid paper pad) and Stampin' Up (wood texture, retired).

Inside the card, I stamped another MFT sentiment ("Friends Like Us" stamp set) and hugging bunnies ("Peach and Piper" by Picket Fence Studios). I quickly colored the bunnies with Copics, then used another MFT plaid from the paper pad for the inside layering background. This is the inside of the card:

I added a few Aquamarine Swarovski crystals to the card front for a little more texture and bling.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copics (various)
  • Party Plaid paper pad (My Favorite Things)
  • White and blue cardstock (any brand)
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Foam dots
  • Aquamarine Swarovski flat-backed crystals (3MM, 4MM, 5MM)
I hope you're having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment