Sunday, November 1, 2020

Jingle All The Way Card

I'm currently working on holiday (mostly Christmas) cards, and I'm also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp "Anything Goes" Wednesday Challenge. This one is a little cheekier card than I normally make, but it's for someone specific (my uncle, who loves this type of humor).

This is a slimline (3.5" x 8.5") card. I stamped two cats and a bird from the Tim Holtz Snarky Cat Christmas Stamptember 2020 set (retired) and Snarky Cat Christmas set, using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. I colored them with Copics, then used my Scan 'n Cut to cut them out. (I was NOT fussy cutting those tassels.)

I cut a 3.25" x 8.25" white panel and used Distress Oxide Speckled Egg Ink and the My Favorite Things Mini Cloud Edges stencil to create the clouds. I cut a same-size panel of very sparkly, white glitter paper and then used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders die set to cut the snowy slopes. I glued the sloped pieces to the cloud panel using double-sided Scor-Tape.

I stamped the sentiment ("Jingler" by Impression Obsession) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock, then carefully trimmed it with my Cutterpillar. I used some jingle-bell brads from Hobby Lobby to give each cat a jingle bell (poking a small hole first, then putting the brad in). Finally, I attached everything to the card base: red cardstock base, cloud panel, sparkle snow layers, cats/bird and sentiment. I popped up the sentiments and grouchy cat for a little dimension.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Snarky Cat Christmas Stamptember 2020 stamp set (Tim Holtz/Simon Says Stamp, retired)
  • Snark Cat Christmas stamp set (Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous)
  • Jingler stamp (Impression Obsession)
  • Stitched Hillside Borders die set (Lawn Fawn)
  • Mini Cloud Edges Stencil (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 
  • Cherry Cobbler cardstock and Diamond Glitter cardstock (Stampin' Up)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Jingle bell brads (Hobby Lobby)
Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment