Friday, November 6, 2020

Birthday Card in Fall Colors

I always need birthday cards, but I'm still in the mood for fall colors, so I created this birthday card in autumn hues. (The sentiment is heat-embossed and shiny, which caused the reflection on that part of the card.)

This is a slimline (3.5" x 8.5") card. I stamped the flowers (from "Long Stem Flowers Stamptember 2020" by Paper Rose/Simon Says Stamp) with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card. I colored the flowers, stems and leaves with Copics, and then fussy cut them with scissors.

I cut a 3.25" x 8.25" panel of black cardstock, then used the MFT Mini Staggered Circles Stencil with Silver Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel. I carefully spread the gel with a palette knife, then heat-set it with my embossing gun.

I didn't have the right shade of red cardstock for the base mat, so I cut a 3.5" x 8.5" white panel and used Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Ink to color the edges. That ink is sort of a tomato soup color, so it went well with my flowers.

I cut a 1" x 4" strip of vellum and heat-embossed the sentiment with Onyx Black Versafine Ink, Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder, and my embossing gun.

I assembled my top layer with double-sided tape, first placing the flowers and stems, then wrapping the sentiment around the bottom of the stems. I felt like the card needed some softness, so I used a pretty, white ribbon to create a bow and also wrapped that around the card. Finally, I tucked in my leaves at the stems and adhered the finished panel to the rest of the card.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Long Stem Flowers Stamptember 2020 stamp set (Paper Rose/Simon Says Stamp, retired)
  • Mini Staggered Circles Stencil (My Favorite Things)
Other supplies:
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers (various)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 
  • Versafine Onyx Black Ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder
  • Silver Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel
  • Embossing/heat gun
  • Cracking Campfire Distress Oxide Ink
  • White ribbon
  • Vellum cardstock
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment