Saturday, February 2, 2019

Velveteen Rabbit Card

This week, I was inspired to create a card based on one of my favorite children's books, The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams.

When I saw the "Valentine Rabbit" (Impression Obsession) stamp set, I immediately thought of the Velveteen Rabbit. He just looked as sweet, shabby, and well-loved as Bunny. I rummaged through my other stamps to find flowers, a tiny fairy, and some more bunnies. In the end, I came up with this card:


I used masking to layer the flowers in the foreground and background, and I drew in hills, grass, and sky with Copic markers. On the cover, I included a quote that matched the scene: the Nursery Fairy rescuing Bunny from the burn pile. Inside, I chose two more scenes after Bunny became Real.


On the top, Bunny is playing with the wild rabbits after the Fairy kisses him, making him Real. On the bottom, he returned to see the Boy who loved him.






Products Used:
  • Impression Obsession Valentine Rabbit Stamp
  • Clearly Besotted From All Of Us II Stamp Set
  • Impression Obsession Happy Hopping Stamp
  • Hero Arts "Thank You" Subscriber Stamp Set (December 2018 Monthly Kit)
  • Hero Arts Color Layering Rabbit Stamp Set
  • Kat Scrappiness Distressed Edge Rectangles Die Set
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment