Sunday, February 17, 2019

Birthday Card: Dance to the Beat of Your Own Heart

I wanted to create a Valentine's card with the Polka Dot Pals Maria digital stamp, but I ran out of time, so I decided to make it a birthday/celebration card instead.

I colored Maria using Copics, and then fussy cut her. I wanted the balloons to be the same color as her dress, but I didn't have the right red ink, so I used Inkon3 Fadeout Ink. This ink creates a light stamp of your image, and the ink absorbs any color you put on top of it, so I just colored over the stamp for my bright red balloons.


I used some Stampin' Up paper from my stash and cut a heart window with the MFT die. I used my Copics to color the heart frame and the edges of a white piece of paper for the layering elements. I used a new Sparkletz pack (Valentine's Day) for the shaker elements, selecting the pieces that went with this card. I attached a sentiment that I printed on my computer and glue some of the Sparkletz as embellishments to the front of the card.


I kept the inside fairly simple. I used a coordinating piece of cardstock and stamped the balloons using Stampin' Up Real Red ink (since I wasn't concerned about matching it to her dress). I left the sentiment blank for now, as I'm not sure who will receive this card.

Products Used:
  • Little Miss Muffet "Polka Dot Pals Maria" Digital Stamp
  • Sunny Studio "Birthday Balloons" Stamp Set
  • My Favorite Things "Heart Shaker Window and Frame Die-Namics" Die Set
  • My Favorite Things "Heart Shaker Pouch" 
  • Inkon3 Fadeout Ink
  • Buttons Galore & More "Valentine's Day" Sparkletz Shaker Elements
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment