Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day Dogs with a Heart Maze

This week, I created some Valentine's cards for some young ladies (8-year-old and 6-year-old sisters, and a young teenager) who have these particular dog breeds as pets.

This is a stand-alone piece, meaning there's no hinged card. The front is decorated, and the sentiment/message is on the back. These girls like to post their cards on a cork board, so you really only see the front. The maze is inside of a plastic shaker pouch, which is sandwiched between layers of paper so none of the metal balls will escape.


The first step was to emboss the paw print layer with red embossing powder. Next, I cut the shimmery red paper using the largest Lawn Fawn Rectangle die. I cut the heart out of the paw print layer, set down the maze and inserted four metal balls, and then sandwiched the maze (inside of a heart shaker pouch) between the paw print and red paper layers. I added a red shimmery paper frame around the heart, and then the rest of the card was embellishment!


The dogs were stamped on Copic XPress It paper and colored with Copics, then fussy cut. I popped them up with foam so they'd be the same height as the shaker pouch. I cut a white glitter dog bone and a trio of red sparkly hearts from the Tattered Lace die set and also popped those up with foam. The Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrored Hearts provided the finishing touch.

Products Used:
  • Rare Earth "Paws for Thought" Stamp Set
  • Technique Junkies "Paw Prints Background" Stamp
  • My Favorite Things "Heart Shaker Window and Frame Die-Namics" Die Set
  • My Favorite Things "Heart Maze Shapes - White"
  • My Favorite Things "Maze Spheres"
  • My Favorite Things "Heart Shaker Pouch" 
  • Tattered Lace "Cuddly Icons" Die Set
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology "Mirrored Hearts" Embellishments
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment