Sunday, December 13, 2020

Holiday Birdhouse Card

Well, I thought I was done with Christmas cards, and then some colleagues decided to do a card swap (since we don't see each other in the office anymore). I guess I'll make a few more! I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamps' Wednesday Challenge: Let It Snow.

This card is slimline, measuring 3.5" x 8.5". I cut all of the birdhouse shapes out of the Elizabeth Craft "Holiday Birdhouse" die set. I used a blending tool and Distress Oxide inks to color everything, except for the candy canes and light bulbs. I used Copic markers to color those pieces, along with a white gel pen for highlights.

I cut 3.25" wide snow banks for the bottom, using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies, and used a blending tool to add some Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink for shadows. I wanted the snow to be sparkly, so I used a Zig 2-Way Glue Pen and Ranger Rock Candy Glitter to cover the snow banks, snow on the birdhouse, and the birdhouse roof with glitter.

I cut the sentiment from the Whimsy Stamps "Peaceful" die set, covered them with glue, and coated them with Elizabeth Craft Black Microfine Glitter.

I cut a 3.25" x 8.25" white cardstock panel and covered it with Distress Oxides (don't remember which ones). I created my card base with a black mat, then glued down the blue panel. I kept adding items, using a combination of Scor-tape and Ranger Multi-Medium Matte glue, until everything was attached to the card. For a final touch, I added a Silver Night Swarovski crystal for the dot over the "i" in the sentiment.

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Holiday Birdhouse die set (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
  • Peaceful die set (Whimsy Stamps)
  • Stitched Hillside Borders dies (Lawn Fawn)
Other supplies:
  • Black and white cardstock
  • Distress Oxide inks (various)
  • Ink blending tool
  • Ranger Rock Candy Transparent Glitter
  • Elizabeth Craft Black Microfine Glitter
  • Liquid Glue (I used Zig 2-Way Glue Pens)
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte 
  • Silver Night Swarovski crystals
Season's tweetings!

No comments:

Post a Comment