Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Christmas Quilt Cards

I needed a few more Christmas cards, and at least two of the recipients are quilters, so I decided to make Christmas Quilt Cards. I am also playing along with Simon Says Stamps' Monday Challenge: Favorite Technique. (Mixing special, textured papers is one of my favorite techniques. It's like a big, pretty puzzle!)

This is an A2 (4.25" x 5.5") card. I found three fabric-like papers from my stash: a green velvet, red crinkled cotton fiber paper, and cream crinkled cotton fiber paper. I cut the Quilt 8 die (Gina Marie Designs) through all three of these papers, then mixed and matched the pieces, like a jigsaw puzzle.

I mounted the outline onto a 3.9" x 3.9" piece of white cardstock, then used Ranger Multi-Medium Matte to glue pieces into place. (I love that glue because it dries clear, so you can't see it anywhere.) I found some cardstock with Christmas sheet music in my stash, mounted that on a cranberry red card base, and then popped up the quilt with foam dots.

I had the hardest time finding a sentiment I liked, but I finally settled on an old "joy" sentiment die I'd gotten many years ago from Taylored Expressions. I coated the die-cut word with Elizabeth Craft Black Microfine Glitter, just for some extra sparkle.

I glued the sentiment onto the card and added a large, clear Swarovski crystal in the center of the quilt. Here's a close-up of one of the quilt cards:

List of all stamps/dies/stencils used on this card:

  • Quilt Die 8 (Gina Marie Designs)
  • Joy word die (Taylored Expressions)
Other supplies:
  • Textured or fabric cardstock (I used velvet and crinkled metallic fiber cardstock)
  • Elizabeth Craft Black Microfine Glitter
  • Foam dots
  • Double-sided tape (Scor-tape)
  • Ranger Multi-Medium Matte
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment