Thursday, December 28, 2023

Another Cheerful Springtime Card with Butterflies and Blooms

I had some leftover flowers and butterflies I'd created for yesterday's card, so I decided to make one more cheerful, springtime scene.


For this happy, springtime card, I used some flowers and a butterfly I'd already colored and fussy cut from yesterday's card. I stamped some grass, then colored and fussy cut it, to create a little more depth.

I cut a 4" x 5.25" white panel, then masked off the right side and bottom edge with Post-It Notes. I used a blending tool and Distress Oxide inks (Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Mermaid Lagoon) to create an ink-blended section. I lightly splattered the inked area with water, then dabbed it with a dry paper towel, to add some texture.

I mounted the inked panel on a 4.25" x 5.5" panel of black cardstock, then glued the grass to the blue area. I added foam dots to the flowers and added them. I glued the center (body) of the butterfly to the blue area, then gently bent the wings up for dimension. I stamped a sentiment from the Spread Your Wings stamp set (retired) on a white rectangle, then cut a slightly-larger black rectangle. I used a pair of scissors to cut a diagonal line on the white and black rectangles, glued them together, then mounted them on the card with foam dots. The sentiment hides the bottom of the fussy-cut images perfectly!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Distress Oxide Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Mermaid Lagoon
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Copic markers
  • Glue (Art Glitter glue)
  • Double-sided tape (to adhere the panels to the card base)
  • Foam blending tool (Ranger)
  • Foam dots
Voila! Now I have two cheerful cards to send to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment