Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Another Mice Birthday Card for MFT's Weekly Sketch Challenge #677

Today, I'm sharing design team inspiration for the My Favorite Things Sketch Weekly Sketch Challenge (#677). Since Christmas cards are finally done, I'm focusing on birthdays and other special occasions.

For this birthday card, I used the YUZU Micest Friend stamp set from MFT's new release, along with some of my favorite stamps and dies.



I stamped the mice and cheese "cake" from YUZU Micest Friend with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Copic XPress-It Blending Card, then colored them with Copics. I fussy cut them and put them aside while I worked on the card base.

I cut several cardstock panels (Smooth White 5.75" x 4.5"; Lush Lagoon 5.5" x 4.25"; 4x Kraft 4" x 5.25") for the layers, then used the largest die from the Fanciful Frames STAX Die-Namics to cut out the center of each Kraft panel. I glued them together and then painted them with Jacquard Metallic Alcohol Ink (Silver). I layered the panels on the card base, with the silver frame on top.

I cut additional rectangles for the sentiment area (to match the Sketch Challenge) and stamped the smallest white panel with a sentiment from Twice the Wishes. I glued those layers to the silver frame, then added the cheese and mice, using foam dots to pop them up. I wanted to add a little birthday magic, so I used my White Uni-Ball Gel Impact pen to add some dots and sparkles.

For the inside, I added another Lush Lagoon layer and a Smooth White layer for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment from Inside & Out Birthday Greetings, then added another mouse and cheese "cake." Now the card is ready to go!

List of all stamps/dies/paper/etc. used on this card:
Other products used:
  • Distress Oxide Ink: Fired Brick
  • Jacquard Metallic Alcohol Ink (Silver)
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink
  • Copic XPress-It Blending Card
  • Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen (white)
  • Copic markers
  • Glue (Art Glitter glue)
  • Double-sided tape (to adhere the panels to the card base)
  • Foam blending tool (Ranger)
  • Foam dots
I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment